The Board of Cooperative Ministries:
- Oversees the development and implementation of specific plans set by the PEC for ministry and direction;
- Recommends to the PEC staffing needs, including staffing structure, as well as professional staff for call and appointment;
- Recommends to the PEC special commissions, committees and task forces (including recommendations for appointment);
- Measures and reports to the PEC effectiveness and results of plan implementation and action.
- Promotes, facilitates and assists as needed in the identification and use of gifts of ministry at the congregational level.
- Maintains a high level of effectiveness of the staff charged with assisting congregations, RCC groups, and leaders in general within the province seeking to foster congregation health and growth.
(from the Book of Order, Section 9.)