For a second consecutive year the Northern Province Youth Task Force will host a Youth Leadership Seminar to provide our youth leaders, lay leaders and youth of all ages with new ideas and encouragement.
This year’s event will take place May 16-18 at Mt Morris Camp and Conference Center in central Wisconsin. We would like to extend an invitation to all people who are interested in youth work and gain experience in leading the youth of the Moravian Church.
This event focuses on training individuals who work with or desire to work with youth of all ages. The seminar is for teachers, youth group leaders, pastors, lay leaders, youth themselves and others learning about ways to connect with today’s youth and help them to grow in their faith with God our father.
Leaders from the Western District will share their expertise and experiences during large group speaking seminars. In addition, the seminar offers workshop opportunities for individuals to work with a small group on specific topics such as:
• Starting and maintaining a youth group
• Sharing ideas with other youth leaders
• Family life and what the church can do to help the youth
• Maintaining the support for youth leaders within the church
• Bullying and growing up in today’s public schools/can the church be a safe haven
• Using online resources to enhance personal faith journeys
• Building a mission ministry
• Day camps/ Vacation Bible School
• Teen suicide/pregnancy and how the church can respond and care
If you are interested in participating please complete and return this registration form.
The cost of the event is $90 to stay in a cabin, $110 to stay in Black Oak Lodge or $35 to come for the day on Saturday May 17. Costs include meals for the weekend and lodging.
To learn more about Mt Morris please visit: http://www.mt-morris.org/