It is essential that we never lose sight of the fact that our faith is not simply a list of statements about us or our Church. Our faith is relationship — relationship with Jesus Christ. This provides a basis for relationship with each other. This should always be the foundation of our understanding of Moravian identity. Once we understand this, then we can use the statements below as a way to describe this relationship.
* Moravians believe in one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
* Moravians believe that Jesus Christ is the way to God and God’s way to us.
* Moravians believe that a personal, heart-felt relationship with God through Jesus Christ is an essential part of faith.
* Moravians hold that faith in Jesus Christ must also be a community experience.
* Moravians believe the Church is called into existence by Jesus Christ to serve him and follow him.
* Moravians find guidance for doctrine and faith through the Bible.
* Moravians subscribe to the major creeds of the Church, including the Apostles’ and the Nicene creeds.
* Moravians share God’s love in word and deed with people of other cultures and in all the world.
* Moravians have a heritage of creativity in our music and worship.
* Moravians believe that discerning God’s will is a task to be shared among many leaders rather than to be vested in a single person or office. Thus, there is a conferential form of government which shares this responsibility.
* Moravians place great value on their ties with Christians of other Moravian provinces and with Christians of other denominations throughout the world.
From the Interprovincial Faith & Order Commission of the Moravian Church in North America.Download a printable copy of “Who Are Moravians” here: WhoAreMoravians.PDF