Imagine sharing the same devotional with 1.5 million believers in more than 50 languages around the globe. The Moravian Daily Texts has been living this ecumenical dream for many years!
First published in 1731 in Herrnhut, Germany, The Daily Texts grew out of a spiritual renewal of the Moravian Church (Unitas Fratrum) that dates back to Aug. 13, 1727. Today, more than 280 years after its first publication, the Daily Texts continues its promise of “a daily message from God that is new every morning.”
The Moravian Daily Texts offers an inspirational connection to the Holy Scriptures every day. Each entry in this beloved daily devotional includes “watchwords”—Old and New Testament verses to accompany readers throughout the day—combined with beautiful hymn texts and heartfelt prayers selected and written by Moravians across North America. Order yours today!
For 2019, the cover of the Moravian Daily Texts features a photo of the many-pointed Moravian Star that hangs in the Saal of Moravian Theological Seminary in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Moravian Daily Texts are available in four editions (note: each edition includes the same text):
- Journal: A spiral-bound, soft-cover edition includes space for journaling thoughts and meditations to go with each day’s scripture readings, hymns and prayers.
- Hardcover: This edition, with its full-color hardcover binding, makes an elegant gift for new Daily Texts readers and a traditional keepsake version for the seasoned Daily Texts user.
- Large Print: A larger-size paperback edition of the Daily Texts with large print for easier reading.
- Paperback: The traditional, pocket-size version of the Daily Texts… our bestseller!
- Also available are German and Spanish editions, produced in Europe.
For more information or to order, visit https://store.moravian.org
The Moravian Daily Texts are also available for your favorite e-reader.
You can also subscribe to receive the Moravian Daily Texts via e-mail. Click here to subscribe.