Thanks for participating in the Moravian Day of Service 2019. To share the inspired work achieved during this special day, we want to hear from all of our congregations on how they contributed to the Day of Service.
The information you share will be used to provide ideas and inspiration for congregations looking to get involved in community mission; to catalog the work being done by our congregations; to help guide future Moravian Days of Service; and for highlighting the work of Moravian Church online, via the Moravian Magazine and other venues.
Please provide a written overview of your congregation’s work on the Moravian Day of Service. Use these questions as a guideline for describing your effort:
- Where did you serve?
- Who did you serve?
- What need did your mission effort meet?
- How did you identify what to do?
- Who led the effort in your congregation?
- Who helped?
- What impact did your effort have on your community?
- How did it strengthen ties to your community?
- How many people participated?
- How many hours did your congregation spend on this?
- What did you learn? What might you do differently in the future?
Please email your Day of Service overview, along with your congregation name, location and date of service to Chris Giesler ([email protected]) no later than Friday, September 20, 2019.
In addition to a written overview, we invite you to share your congregation’s Day of Service activities in other ways. Photos, videos, audio interviews, artwork…you name it, if you have a way of telling your church’s Day of Service story, we want to see—and hear—it!
Additional guidelines and suggestions on sharing your congregation’s Day of Service activities will be posted shortly.