The watchword for the week:
The steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him. Psalm 103:17
Come, let us worship and bow down,
Let us give thanks to the One who is with us from everlasting to everlasting.
We can take comfort in knowing that the Spirit of God is upon us today.
Give us, O God, the grace to bring you the sacrifice of a broken and contrite heart, which you will not despise.
Bless God, O my soul,
and all that is within me, bless God’s holy name.
Bless God, O my soul,
and do not forget all God’s benefits
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the Pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good as long as you live
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
God works vindication and justice
for all who are oppressed.
God made known God’s ways to Moses,
and God’s acts to the people of Israel.
God is merciful and gracious,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
In truth and honesty, let us draw near to the throne of grace and confess our sins to God.
- Forgive us, Lord when we have put our material possessions as gods in our lives.
- Forgive us, Lord, for making idols of our accomplishments and placing others before you as primary in our lives.
- Forgive us, Lord, when the words spoken from our lips have not brought honor to you or your kingdom.
- Forgive us, Lord, when we have forgotten or refused to take our rest in you.
- Forgive us, Lord, when we fail to respect those who have passed the faith on to us.
- Forgive us, Lord, when we injure or damage the emotional lives of others.
- Forgive us, Lord, when we fail to keep our promises.
- Forgive us, Lord, when we hoard our wealth at the expense of others.
- Forgive us, Lord, when we lie to conceal our own mistakes.
- Forgive us, Lord, when we spend time and energy wanting things we don’t need.
- Forgive us, Lord, when we fail to do your will.
The Lord, your Redeemer, says: Your guilt is gone, and your sins are forgiven. Let us give praise to God.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Take time to read today’s Daily Texts. If you do not have a copy of the Daily Texts, you will find today’s texts posted in the margin on your page’s right side (at the bottom of the page if you are on a mobile phone). God speaks to us through the inspiration of scripture, so approach the opportunity to read the texts as a privilege, eagerly anticipating what might be conveyed to you today. How might today’s Word make a part of your life new again? When you have finished praying, continue as follows.
O Lord, hear us now as we pray together.
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. Save us from the time of trial and deliver us from evil. For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever. Amen.
Lord, as we experience the ups and downs of life,
Help us to put our trust in you, knowing that your steadfast love endures forever.
As we come to doubt our abilities,
Help us to know that you make us complete.
As we fear for the health and welfare of those that we love,
Help us to know that you are with both them and us.
As we come to doubt that we are making a difference in your Church,
Help us know that this is your Church, and we have only to be faithful to your call.
As we come face to face with our sinfulness and mortality,
Help us to know that your grace gives us new life both here and in the world yet to come.
Shout for joy, all people of God, rejoice all the earth! The glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people together will see it. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
Blessed be the name of the Lord in whom we live, labor, and love from this time on and forever more. Amen.