Updated monthly, this list will highlight some of the new additions to our Lending Library!
- Kissing in the Chapel, Praying in the Frat House: Wrestling with Faith and College
Adam J. Copeland
College is a time to learn, explore, and grow, but what does faith have to do with this. This is a collection of essays by 20-30-year-olds who reflect on their struggles to reconcile their religious beliefs with their college experiences.
- Teaching Outside the Box: Five Approaches to Opening the Bible With Youth
The author provides explanations and examples of tach teaching style: instructional, community of faith, interpretive, liberation, and contemplative. It changes the way you use the Bible in the faith formation of adolescents.
- The Walk: Five Essential Practices of the Christian Life Youth Study
It focuses on the five essential spiritual practices that are rooted in Jesus’ own walk with God and taught throughout the New Testament. Each of these practices is a part of our daily walk with Christ and growing together in the church.
- Faith For Exiles: Five Ways for a New Generation to Follow Jesus in Digital Babylon
David Kinnaman and Mark Matlock
This book focuses on what’s working for the emerging generation. It talks about five practices that contribute to resilience and learn how they are sustaining faith.
- Job: A Story of Unlikely Joy
This is a seven-session video-based Bible Study on the Book of Job as you learn how to keep trusting the sovereign God, knowing that your Redeemer is for you no matter what.
Vacation Bible School
- Great Big Beautiful World
Welcome to this interactive vacation Bible School curriculum where children explore, celebrate, and care for God’s good creation!
- The Birth of Jesus: A Christmas Pop-Up Book
This is a beautiful retelling of Jesus Birth in a stable. Each page of the story comes to life with illustrations and pop-ups, from the angel’s visit to Mary to the moment she lays baby Jesus in the manger.
- Paul and His Friends: A Child’s First Book about the Apostles
Rebekah McLeod Hutto
This book introduces a new generation of young Christians to one of the church’s premier apostles and his friends who gave birth to the faith.
- Under Pressure: Confronting the Epidemic of Stress and Anxiety in Girls
This is what parents need and it helped to relax. It offers a detailed, comprehensive look at how to help our daughters manage naturally occurring tensions, toxic stress, and anxiety.
- Parenting Forward: How To Raise Children with Justice, Mercy, and Kindness
Cindy Wang Brandt
It models a way of following Jesus as parents that has an outward focus, putting a priority on loving others, avoiding judgment, and helping those in need. Parents must work on dismantling their own racial, cultural, gender, economic, and religious biases in order to avoid passing them on to their children.
- Dear Parent: A Guide for Family Faith Formation
Laura Keeley and Robert Kelley
This book will encourage you as a parent to help your children to find their place in God’s family, know God’s story, live in hope, and discover their calling.
Adult Bible Study
- Mountaintop Moments: Meeting God in the High Places
Those times when we experience the power, love, and grace of God in a way difficult to capture with words gives us a sense of God’s presence in our lives and often changes our perspective of who God is and who we are. Located on-site in two middle eastern countries and through the Old and New testament, you will meet God on the mountaintops. It includes a book, DVD, and leaders guide in this six-week study.
- And Social Justice For All: Empowering Families, Churches, and Schools to Make a Difference in God’s World
Lisa Van Engen
This book equips Christian families and ministry leaders to tackle social justice issues together and to bring light and love to a dark and scary world. After placing each of 14 issues in a kid-friendly context, it offers interactive features.
- Blank Slate: Write Your Own Rules For a 22 nd Century Church Movement
Lia McIntosh, Jasmine Rose Smothers, Rodney Thomas Smothers
The church must get “unstuck” from its current context in order to address the context of younger generations. It guides ministry leaders to envision and design the future church.
- Piloting Church: Helping Your Congregation Take Flight
It offers a plan for those willing to think and lead communities to creatively and boldly live out the biblical call to justice and love of neighbor.
Vacation Bible School
- On Earth As In Heaven
The theme comes from the Lord’s Prayer and each of the 5 days focuses on a different petition form the prayer and related Bible Stories. It invites children and adults to re-experience the Lord’s Prayer and to see the connections between prayer and service in the world.