The severity of the COVID-19 pandemic is beginning to take hold. Businesses are having employees work from home, schools are closed and asking students to continue their work online, churches have suspended services, and stores are closing. Our day-to-day lives are changing drastically and we are all struggling with the anxiety of the unknown. This pandemic impacts everyone! While many adults are worried about how this virus is effecting them, children are also being impacted during this time.
- Coronavirus: Latest Updates and Tips
- Many kids find news about the virus upsetting or confusing. It can be especially hard for kids who have trouble processing information or managing emotions. We’ve created this resource to make the health crisis easier to manage. There are tools and information to help at home, at school, and at work.
- The Ultimate Kids’ Guide to the New Coronavirus
- A new coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2 is spreading across the globe. Kids like you are likely wondering, “Will school be closed?” and, “Should I be worried about getting sick?” To help guide you through a confusing situation, here are answers from science to all the questions you may have.
- Helping Children and Teens Cope with Anxiety About COVID-19
- As coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) continues to spread, adults, children and teens are trying to make sense of what the outbreak means for their families and communities. Those with anxiety disorders may feel more worry than usual.
- Easing the Emotional Toll of the Coronavirus Pandemic
- The idea of “social distancing” is offering some hope of protection from the virus as we all await word on abatement and hope for an eventual vaccine. For now, it feels like our lives are on hold, as we wait for more news and direction about how to protect ourselves and our children.