The COVID-19 crisis, with its health, social, and economic ramifications, is wreaking havoc with our emotional well-being. Listening to each other is vital at a time like this, but sometimes, even our empathy and good intentions aren’t enough. Twenty percent of the population lives with a mental health condition and might be taking the toll of the COVID-19 outbreak very hard. With every cancelation of event, change in routine, and mandated isolation causing more anxiety and depression. If you or someone you love is losing heart during this difficult season, this webinar is for you. Our panelists will help us consider appropriate self-care resources and practices, help us recognize when someone needs additional care and support, how to engage community resources while we’re all stuck at home, and discuss considerations for insurance.
Led by Meenal Khajuria, Andy Hagler, and BCM’s Mental and Brain Health Resource Team.
- Meenal Khajuria is a Community Engagement Specialist for Cardinal Innovations Healthcare, a managed care organization in North Carolina providing access to Medicaid and state-funded benefits to more than 850,000 people with complex health and wellness needs.
- Andy Hagler is the Executive Director of the Mental Health Association (MHA) in Forsyth County, North Carolina. MHA is the Forsyth County area’s community connector, educator and resource navigator for mental health care.
- Members of BCM’s Just As I Am: A Moravian Resource for Mental and Brain Health Resource Team will facilitate this important conversation and panelists will be available for questions after their presentations.
- Mental Health Contacts (Updated March 2020 for North Carolina) (Additional contact outside of NC can be found here.)
- Mental Health Online Support Groups (Forsyth and surrounding counties, NC)
- Local Management Entities/Managed Care Organizations for North Carolina
- Coronavirus and Mental Health: Tips for Coping
- Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook
- COVID-19 Mental Health Resources (PCUSA)
- 3 Powerful Free Tools to Help Your Anxiety Right Now
- Converging Paths Podcast
Mental Health and Self Care for Children
- Child Mind Institute-Trama and Grief
- Tips for Parents During COVID-19
- Five Mindful Activities for Children
For more information on mental health, visit our Just As I Am: A Moravian Resource for Mental and Brain Health webpage.