December 2020 Update:
BCM continues to provide limited office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM for Resource Center and lending library service and Moravian SWAG pickup. Please call ahead (336-722-8126) to confirm someone will be able to provide curbside service for you!
October 2020 Update:
We’ve all been hopeful that once NC entered Stage 3 in its reopening process, we’d be able to open 500 South Church Street a bit more. Unfortunately, COVID numbers in NC and Forsyth County continue to rise.
Per a recent communication from the PEC, we’ll continue to restrict the building to staff only. Please note we’ve also added a COVID screening procedure upon entry to the building. So, regardless of the purpose of a staffperson’s visit, please stop at the entry table and complete the screening tool. This can be done two ways: electronically by scanning the posted QR code with your phone OR by completing a hard copy of the screening tool, which is available (along with pens), on the entry table. This will enable us to track more closely who is entering the building and provide a mechanism to do contact tracing in the event someone is exposed to COVID-19. There is also hand sanitizer as well as disposable masks available on entry to ensure safety for all.
The BCM offices and Resource Center continue to operate on a limited basis at 500 South Church Street in Winston-Salem, with select staff members present on Tuesday and Thursday between the hours of 10:00am and 2:00pm for customers seeking resources from the lending library or curriculum assistance. No visitors are allowed inside the building. Customers may continue to use the online lending library (moravian.org) which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to select resources rather than entering the building. Local customers may arrange for curbside pickup during our limited hours OR arrange pick-ups via email if ordering locally through the online service. Review more of our operating plan below.
Thank you for your continued adherence to these procedures! Please stay safe and remember to love your neighbor!
May 22, 2020 Update:
Our staff have been working from home with intermittent office visits since mid-March and will continue to operate this way through the month of May. We will re-evaluate our plan every week as external conditions shift. We will communicate our plan using posted signage, our website, social media, and email.
Our reopening plan will comply with minimum provincial, federal, state, and local recommendations and restrictions, and may, in some instances, be more restrictive. Our goal is to protect the health of BCM staff, volunteers, visitors, and customers while continuing to provide essential services. The language of “stages” (instead of “phases”) is used intentionally so as not to suggest equivalency with particular phases of government guidelines. We will make our own determinations based on all of the available evidence. We recognize there is no one-size-fits-all set of guidelines to achieve optimal safety for all, but our starting point is always “love our neighbor.”
Stage 1 of our re-opening begins on Monday, June 1:
- The Resource Center will operate on a limited basis at 500 South Church Street in Winston-Salem, on Tuesday and Thursday between the hours of 10:00am and 2:00pm for customers seeking resources from the lending library or curriculum assistance. No visitors will be allowed inside the building during Stage 1*.
- Customers may continue to use the online lending library (moravian.org) which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to select resources rather than entering the building.
- Local customers may arrange for curbside pickup during our limited hours OR arrange pick-ups via email if ordering locally through the online service.
- Client communication, including financial transactions, will be handled by phone, online, snail mail, or e-mail.
- Ordering, adjustments, and billing for any curriculum will continue via email through Beth Hayes. Any delivery of curriculum materials will be handled curbside or by appointment.
- We will serve non-local customers by mail though there may be a slight delay in shipping.
*No visitors are allowed inside the building. Curbside service should be arranged in advance or customers should call 336-7252-8126 during open office hours to arrange pickup of resources or materials. The front door will remain locked during business hours. We can meet customers at a safe distance in front of the building, though ideally, materials will be stationed on or near the front steps just as customers approach to maintain physical distancing. Staff will take orders, make recommendations, and provide necessary consultation by telephone with the customer who remains home or just outside. Staff will wear masks at all times (except for eating, drinking) while entering, in, or exiting the building. We’ll follow all necessary guidelines for disinfecting of surfaces and materials. You can read our detailed continuation of service plan here.
Plans for Future:
As restrictions ease, our hope is to expand our operating hours on-site and incorporate such measures only as it does not jeopardize the health and safety of our staff and customers. We will:
- Limit the capacity of the Resource Center to three while social distancing and avoiding physical contact such as handshaking and hugs.
- Ask visitors to wear face masks or cloth face covering. (We will make available face coverings for those who do not bring their own for a small donation.)
- Implement procedures for safe handling of books, resources, money and credit cards.
Look for updates here as conditions change.
Click here for April 3, 2020 update.
UPDATED: March 23, 2020
In anticipation of further restrictions on gatherings and to ensure the health and safety of all, BCM’s offices are now closed to the public. BUT, you can still peruse the online library and we will do our best to help you get the resources and materials you need. Our website continues to be the best way to get the latest information and resources as we all adjust to the changes necessitated by the COVID-19 outbreak.
Stay safe and well and, most of all, STAY HOME!
No BCM (or MCSP) employees have been diagnosed with the virus as of today. While the evidence shows most cases of the respiratory disease are mild, like a common cold, the virus can cause severe illness and death. We want to protect the health of BCM staff, volunteers, visitors, and customers while continuing to provide essential services to these constituencies.
The Resource Center & Curriculum Sales
- The online lending library (resource.moravian.org) will operate as usual to provide you with ministry resources 24/7, though there may be a slight delay in shipping to non-local addresses. We are happy to arrange pick-ups via email if you are ordering locally through the online service.
- Ordering, adjustments, and billing for curriculum will continue via email through Beth Hayes.
Books may be returned anytime through the mail slot to the right of our front door at 500 South Church Street.
BCM is activating a work from home policy for its employees. When not working at home, employees will rotate time in the office such that no more than one individual is present at any given time. If this is not possible, we will practice social distancing and work to minimize contact with others. Of course, any employee who is not feeling well will stay home.
Employees will have access to all files and email and will be expected to carry out essential duties. Office voice mail is unreliable, so emailing staff is the best way to reach us. Essential meetings of staff, working groups, committees, and board members will take place online using the Zoom video conferencing platform.
As a community of brothers and sisters in Christ, the health and safety of our neighbors, friends, and family is our top priority. We are working to live the Essentials as good and faithful servants to God, to each other, and to the Church.
If you have any questions, please just call or email us; we’re ready to help in any way. Join us on Tuesdays from 1:00PM-2:00PM for our Virtual Office Hours!