Read a good book or found a helpful resource online? Tell us about it!
For years we have welcomed the insight and perspectives of Moravian Christians through the Spotlight Blog. We are expanding to include space for book and resource reviews with a Resource Spotlight.
We want to help facilitate the sharing of ideas, inspiration and information that would be helpful to other leaders in congregations who are, like you, looking for ways to support and grow the work of Jesus in the world through the Church.
So here’s a way you can help the Church:
- Read a book
- Use a new leadership tool
- Check out a new curriculum or other resource for congregational life
And then write blog about what you liked most, how you used what you learned, and why others might be interested in checking it out too!
The blog, published and coordinated by the Commission on Congregational Development (CCD), is almost entirely led by a wonderful community of volunteer writers. A number of these writers may have not even met each other. But together, we share the identity of recognizing that our Lamb has conquered and that we shall follow him.
How do I write for the blog?
Follow the resource review guidelines and submit your blog through email to [email protected]
All blogs are subject to the requirements below.
Length and topics:
- 500 to 1000 words (a little under is fine, please try not to go over by too much)
- Topics must be relevant to and serve the mission/beliefs of the Moravian Church:
- The Commission on Congregational Development engages and supports congregations and RCCs in their ministries as together we grow in faith, love, and hope, following Jesus in serving the world.
- Writers are expected to respect the Moravian Covenant for Christian Living.
- Please include 1-3 photos of your own with appropriate credit(s) and permission(s) if needed, or we can find appropriate images for you
- A photo of the resource
- Photos of you using the resource, if applicable.
- If you would like to select your own images, please use a Creative Commons website like Pexels.com or Unsplash.com.
- 30 to 70 words, written in the third person, with position listed first (example: Rebecca Craver is the Executive Director of…)
- Photo of the writer with appropriate credit(s) and permission(s) if needed
Writer contact info (optional):
- Email and public office phone number
By committing to writing for us, you agree to the following (please read):
You’re allowing us to post your finished content on/in any of our publications, sites, social media etc.
- We will always ask you beforehand if we want to publish in a publication or item we may sell.
- We will refer external requests to republish your content to you, the writer.
- You agree to let us list your first and last name or your preferred author name in the rotation sign up.
- You agree to let us list your first and last name or your preferred author name in your author bio and byline and in any references to your piece after it is published.
- Writing for The CCD Spotlight Blog is on a volunteer basis and unfortunately, we cannot pay you.
Both volunteer and CCD staff writers retain the copyright of their written material.
- We just ask that you allow us to publish first, but after that, you may publish your work elsewhere as you see fit!
- It is not necessary to say your work originally appeared in The CCD Spotlight Blog, or to link back to the blog or the CCD when republishing your work, but it is appreciated!
The Commission on Congregational Development and its staff reserve the right to edit your blog for length, clarity, and appropriateness. The CCD also reserves the right of choosing not to publish any submitted blog post.
Submitting your finished blog:
- Please have your content to us by end of the day Wednesday. We try to publish the blogs the following Monday. Email your finished blog and any images you may have to [email protected]
Follow the CCD on Social Media:
[email protected] | MoravianCCD.org