The Board of World Mission, along with Laurel Ridge Camp, Conference & Retreat Center value opportunities that provide ways for individuals to live out their faith in leadership positions. To that end the BWM and LRCCRC are partnering to offer a paid internship during the 2022 camping season that includes hands-on experience with summer camps, mission camps, and art camp. Laurel Ridge will be the setting where the intern will live and learn in community in order to serve in the world.
- Time frame = May 23 – August 6 for pre-camp training and actual participation
- Room & board will be provided at Tise Lodge
- Intern will work with the camping ministry supervisor, Scarlett Dowdy
- Camper ages range from 1st grade through 12th grade
- Responsibilities include: program assistance in running Media Shout on the computer, taking pictures, producing slide shows, assisting on worksites (both set up and participation) for mission camps, running summer camp activities (training provided), cleaning, serving meals (clean up and doing dishes), some mowing and maintenance work as needed, singing and leading campfire every night. If you are a lifeguard or play guitar that is an added bonus and will be appropriately compensated.
- Age range for intern is 19-24
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please contact Scarlett Dowdy with any questions or a request for an application and more specific details of the role and responsibilities of this service. Scarlett can be reached at [email protected] or (336)601-3034.