The Board of World Mission is seeking applicants to fill the position of Administrative Assistant. This is a half-time position (20 hours/week) based out of the Bethlehem, PA office of the BWM.
Applications will be accepted by Executive Director Justin Rabbach via email – [email protected].
Please email a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and qualifications related to the position description below, as well as indicating your reason for interest in the position. Please also include a list of at least two references with contact information.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please feel free to be in contact with any questions about the position or process.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Part-time (Hourly) – 20 hours / week
Location: Bethlehem, PA
How to submit an application: Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Administrative Assistant Position Description
The Administrative Assistant is a part-time position (20/ week) responsible for the daily operations of the Board of World Mission based out of the BWM office in Bethlehem, PA. This position is a crucial connection between remote staff members and helps “keep the trains on time”. Bullets below list specific job functions which help support the global reach of the Board of World Mission.
The work of this position includes:
Public Relations / Communication
- Send out communications to supporters and donors
- Maintain Board Records, Meeting Minutes, and Missionary Book
- Maintain Filing System
- Help with creation and editing of Annual Report to prepare for publishing
- Oversee correspondence including sending copies of all invoices to the treasurer/copying Ex. Dir. on questionable or urgent matters. Monitor incoming correspondence for Executive Director and Treasurer
- Respond to inquiries about mission opportunities and refer them to the appropriate staff person
- Maintain relationship with local pastors, churches, administrative assistants and seminary
- Manage daily operation of office financial matters, in collaboration with the Treasurer.
- Enter donations into Sage as they come in and prepare weekly and month-end deposits.
- Send acknowledgement/tax receipt letters to each donor on a timely basis
- Deliver the prepared deposits (incoming funds) to the local BBT Branch
- Prepare vouchers/Cash Disbursement Forms as needed.
- Ensure Executive Director’s Approval on all outgoing payments.
- Print, sign and mail checks for invoices as prepared by the Treasurer
- Maintain Donor List, specific to the ministry supported
- Assist with review of financial data for year-end closings / Audit
- Collect expense reports and receipts from each staff member and any other board members or volunteers who incur expenses. Consolidate staff expenses on a monthly report for the Treasurer and Executive Director. Keep all records filed in an organized manner that can easily be accessed by Director, Treasurer and Audit team.
- Coordinate all logistics for Northern Province BWM meetings and events.
- Help coordinate supplies, travel, board and staff needs and offer assistance where needed for additional coordination of Southern Province BWM Meetings and events
- Serve as Recording Secretary for Board meetings & maintain minutes in the BWM Minute Book – Note: Extra hours necessary in board meeting weeks due to travel and hosting duties
- Provide support for staff, including keeping them aware of budgets for their various programs
- Order or procure office supplies as needed
- Research and/or order promotional supplies as needed
- Track Staff Vacation and Holiday Time