The Western District Board will be offering a Lay Ministry Conference at Mt. Morris Camp and Retreat Center on November 2nd – 4th.
The cost is $50 for Sandhill and Cabins or $75 for Black Oak. Meals are included. Register by contacting Crystal at Mt. Morris at [email protected] or calling 920-787-2861.
The conference will provide fellowship and networking, specific “how-to’s,” and encouragement. Lay leaders will have the opportunity to be in conversation with other Moravian leaders from across the District regarding what their congregation does well as well as where they need training.
Workshop sessions will include:
1) “Mission Down the Street and Around the World” with Justin Rabbach, Chris Giesler, and Jill Kolodziej from the Board of World Mission
2) “Joint Board Leadership, Roles, and Responsibilities” with Kerry Krauss, member of the Healthy Congregations Task Force
3) “Identifying, Claiming, and Nurturing Gifts” with Marie Couts, Director of Christian Education for the Eastern District
4) “Inviting, Supporting, and Elevating the Call to Lay Ministry” with Marie Couts, Director of Christian Education for the Eastern District
5) “Spiritual Companioning” with Mary Lou Plummer and Amy Andersen from the Spiritual Companioning Task Force
6) “Functioning as a Lay-Led Congregation” with lay members from Main Street Moravian Church in Northfield, MN
7) “Discerning the Needs of Your Community” with Robin Werth and Eric Voight from the Wisconsin Rapids Moravian Church in Wisconsin Rapids, WI
8) “Crossroads Lay Ministry Classes” with Jill Peters, Director of Crossroads Lay Ministry at Moravian Seminary
9) A Panel Discussion on Lay-Led Worship
There will also be worship led by the lay members of the District Board, music from the Lake Mills Praise Band, a campfire, and wonderful fellowship throughout the weekend.