To Apply: Email the following documents to [email protected]
Cover letter including a statement of faith
This position will require you to share your faith experience with others and to encourage development in their own faith journeys. Please provide 350-550 words sharing you faith experience and commitment to Christian discipleship and formation
Application Deadline: Friday, September 29, 2023
CCD Faith Formation Specialist
- Life Insurance ($40,000)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
The Faith Formation Specialist works to enhance, support, connect and develop capacity in congregations around faith formation programing for all ages. Through direct engagement, resource sharing and administration of faith formation supports at the provincial level. This is an outward facing position with approx. 50% of the time spent engaging with boards, committees, etc. to support local faith formation practices and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will possess a depth and range of experience in faith formation in various settings. As well as an ability to explain theory and practice to groups in congregations with varying levels of experience.
- Consult with congregational boards and teams to support the development of faith formation practices and programing
- Provide resources reviews, faith formation information and other communications to be shared through the enews, social media, etc.
- Keep up to date on current publications relative to faith formation, including curriculum, teacher training, and programs for congregational use.
- Maintain partnership with Salem Presbytery
- Serve as the Moravian denominational representative for APCE (Association of Partners in Christian Education)
- Coordinate training events for new curriculums (VBS, Catechism, etc.) and annual teacher training with safe sanctuary updates from human resources office.
- Serve as a connect for the Commission on Ministry work with educator certification, etc.
- Participate in staff meetings and in faith formation team meetings as needed.
- Oversee the maintenance of the lending library content
- Network with congregations and partners to build connections and capacity for resource sharing to aid in congregational development including Northern Province and Interprovincial agencies when appropriate.
- Participate with Educators groups
- Miscellaneous tasks as appropriate
- Ordained or a Certified Christian Educator
- Advanced degree in theology, Christian education, education or related field
- Experience working with multiple ages groups including adults.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certification in Christian education/faith formation
- 3 years experience with demonstrated expertise in faith formation programing
- Ability to speak in public forums
- Ability to move freely in and out of different spaces (churches, homes, businesses)
- Availability for evening and weekend engagements and occasional overnight work travel
- The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Should be able to stoop, stand, reach, climb stairs and walk. Lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to talk and listen, read, and write handwritten and typed material. Ability to work at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Spiritual Formation/Discipleship: Demonstrates an understanding of spiritual formation/discipleship as journey or process; invites others into reflection about personal spiritual journey; teaches a variety of spiritual practices to lead others in deepening and developing spirituality; creates teaching and small groups environments that promote discipleship.
- Creativity and Innovation: Generates new ideas; makes new connections among existing ideas to create fresh approaches; takes acceptable risks in pursuit of innovation; learns from mistakes; has good judgement about which creative ideas and suggestions will work.
- Initiative: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and energetic about worthwhile activities; not fearful of taking calculated risks; seizes opportunities; sets demanding but achievable objectives for self and others.
- Mission ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of the Moravian Church-Southern Province; can demonstrate those values to others; consistently behaves in a manner congruent with the mission, vision, values and beliefs.
- Verbal and Written communication: demonstrates communication styles appropriate to the situation at hand; is able to speak to groups of people clearly and articulately; is able to write clearly and succinctly; delivers message in a tone appropriate to the context.
- Time management: Is able and willing to focus time on tasks that contribute to organizational goals; uses time effectively and efficiently; values time and respects the time of others; concentrates his/her efforts on the most important priorities; can appropriately balance priorities.
- Project Management: Identifies the key objectives and scope of a proposed project; garners needed resources and project support, develops a realistic and thorough plan for achieving key objectives, keeps team members briefed on progress, implements action plans, communicates progress to sponsors, identifies and resolves barriers and problems.
- Team Orientation: demonstrates interest, skills and success in team environments; promotes group goals ahead of personal agendas; steps up to offer self as a resource to other members of the team; understands and supports the importance of teamwork; shares credit for success with other, takes responsibility for his or her part in team failures.
Reports to: Director of Commission on Congregational Development
Status: Full Time